Help Out At The Children's Theatre
Stage Door Corps
Are you retired? Are you a high school or college student in need of service hours?
Volunteer ushers are a vital part of The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati family. Whether seating a classroom of kindergarteners about to enjoy their first live theater performance or helping a family of six find seats together during opening night excitement, ushers ensure that our patrons enjoy the very best experience possible during their time with us.
Ushering is also a great community service opportunity for groups. Volunteers learn what goes into running a theater while honing their interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills. We help keep track of volunteer hours, fill out any necessary paperwork, and help volunteers get the most out of their experience.
Ushers are needed for School Performances which take place on weekday mornings, and Public Performances which take place on Friday evenings and Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Ushers should arrive one hour and fifteen minutes before show times for a brief orientation meeting. Ushers are assigned an area in the theater to work from before the show until approximately fifteen minutes after the show begins. At that time, ushers are welcome to stay and watch the remainder of the performance, but are not required to do so. Ushering is a 1 ½ -2 hour time commitment per performance.
- Dress in black and white attire, preferably a white collared shirt and black pants or a skirt
- Seat audience and distribute programs
- Assist audience members with special needs
- Understand evacuation procedures
- Help to make The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati a wonderful experience!
- Seeing children and families experience the magic of live theater!
- Enjoying the performance when not assisting patrons
- Supporting one of the top youth theaters in the country
- Community Service hours
Download the Volunteer Application, fill out and return to:
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati
5020 Oaklawn Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45227
You may also fax the application to 513.569.8084 or email to email@example.com.
For questions about the application or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.