Intended for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families
Tickets on sale now! Click here to get your access code.
At The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati, we believe theatre is for everyone. That’s why we are so excited to present the third season of MainStage Sensory-Friendly performances at the Taft Theatre.
These are special performances intended for individuals on the autism spectrum who may benefit and their families, not for the general public. Only a limited number of tickets will be sold.
This season we are thrilled to present these performances on the weekend -- so families can attend and make memories together.
SENSORY-FRIENDLY PERFORMANCES INCLUDE:
DISNEY’S THE JUNGLE BOOK KIDS on Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 5 PM
TO CREATE A SENSORY-FRIENDLY PERFORMANCE:
• The show is being performed in a welcoming, supportive environment for those with sensory challenges.
• Slight adjustments to lighting and sound will be made for the performance. Effects such as fog, strobes and lights that extend into the audience will be minimalized.
• In the theater lobby, there will be an area staffed by specialists in the field where you and your child can take a break from the performance.
• A downloadable Social Narrative (in Word format) with pictures of the theater and the production will be available on our website, designed to personalize the experience for individuals wishing to prepare for the show. These will be posted one week prior to each production.
• Additional resources for this performance, such as a Character Guide, and a Guide to Attending the Show will also be available one week prior to each production.
• A committee of experts in the field was created to aid TCT with these performances, including staff members from Theatre Development Fund’s Autism Theatre Initiative -- the organization that implements sensory-friendly performances on Broadway, along with members from Children's Hospital Medical Center/The University of Cincinnati University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities, Autism Society of Greater Cincinnati, Cincinnati Occupational Therapy Institute, Down Syndrome Association of Greater Cincinnati, The Point/Arc of Northern Kentucky, The Children’s Home of Cincinnati and Q102.
TICKETS ON SALE:
Tickets: $20 each plus fees
All seats reserved. Very limited wheelchair seating available.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
DISNEY’S THE JUNGLE BOOK KIDS
Music and Lyrics by Richard M. Sherman, Robert B. Sherman and Terry Gilkyson. Book Adapted and Additional Lyrics by Marcy Heisler. Music Adapted and Arranged by Bryan Louiselle. Based on the Screenplay by Larry Clemmons. Based on the Novel, “The Jungle Book” by Rudyard Kipling.
The jungle is jumpin’ with a jazzy beat in Disney's The Jungle Book KIDS. Specially adapted from the classic Disney animated film, this musical features a host of colorful characters and your favorite songs from the animated movie. Based on the works of Rudyard Kipling, the “Man-Cub” Mowgli, bounds through the jungle and learns what it means to be human. You won’t want to miss this culturally-infused and spectacular Disney classic!
HOW TO BUY TICKETS:
1. Click here to get your access code. This will direct you to a special webpage.
2. Answer the questions to receive your special password.
3. Go to ticketmaster.com to get your tickets.
4. Tickets may sell out, so we encourage you to order in advance. A small number of tickets may be available at the Taft Theatre Box Office on the day of the show, but that is not guaranteed, especially if the performance sells out.
5. Questions? Email email@example.com.
HOW MUCH ARE TICKETS?
Tickets for children and adults are $20 each plus fees.
WHERE WILL THE PERFORMANCES TAKE PLACE?
All MainStage performances will be held at the Taft Theatre, 317 East Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202. Conveniently located at the corner of 5th and Sycamore in downtown Cincinnati.
HOW LONG ARE THE SHOWS?
The shows last approximately 60 minutes without intermission.
HOW CAN I PREPARE OUR FAMILY FOR THESE PRODUCTIONS?
Our guides and social narratives will be available here on our website one week before each production.
• Seat changes: We are unable to change or refund your order once it is place, due to the volume of customer service requests and our limited staff.
• Wheelchair locations: Wheelchair locations and companion seats are simple to purchase, clearly labeled, but limited. We will not have extra wheelchair locations to move you to if you buy in another location that is not designated wheelchair seating.
• Current TCT MainStage Subscribers interested in attending these performances: Just email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
We can make no assurances that this performance will be suitable for everyone with autism. Parents and guardians are solely responsible for their children’s viewing and engagement with the performance.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS or need additional assistance, please contact Krista Katona Pille at email@example.com or call 513-569-8080 x15.
To receive ticket information when it becomes available, please click here to join our mailing list.
This program/project was financially assisted by The Louis and Melba Schott Foundation, Fifth Third Bank Trustee.