Frequently Asked Questions
Procedures for Performing Arts Classes
- Classes will be held at our new building at 4015 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati, OH 45227.
- Students are to only be in the lobby/foyer, their assigned class studios and designated restrooms in the lobby.
- Dance Bags, Coats and other articles brought by the students may only be placed in designated cubbies or in the studio.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the studio except for water in a secure container.
- Students are to “check in” with their teachers before class and wait in the lobby/foyer until their class takes place.
- Students are required to “check out” with their teachers before leaving through the front entrance of the building with their parent/guardian. Children are not allowed to go out to the parking lot without adult supervision.
- Please note, classes may be canceled and tuition refunded if there aren’t enough students enrolled in a specific class before a session begins.
How do I register my child for Classes?
How do I register my child for the STAR Intensive NKU or STAR Camp Red Bank Programs?
Both are audition-based programs. Auditions for the programs typically occur in winter.
If you're interested in receiving information regarding next year's program, please join our mailing list.
Does my child need to have prior experience?
Certain classes have prerequisites, but there is an entry point for all ages.
How do I cancel my child’s registration?
Contact Jay Goodlett at 513.569.8080 x25 for cancellations. TCT will issue a refund for cancellations less a $50 fee.
How big are the classes?
Class sizes range for our Classes.
Each class must have a minimum of 5 students (maximum class size is 15 students). The class may be canceled if it does not reach the minimum requirement. Mr. Jay Goodlett will decide if that class will be held or not. If class is canceled, you will be notifed by phone about other options (switching to a different day, different class etc.) If tuition was paid online you will be refunded; however, most students pay (by check or cash) at the first scheduled class.For the STAR Intensive NKU Program, our classes range in size. A small class has approximately 18 students, while a large class has approximately 28 students.For STAR Camp Red Bank, classes range from 30-35 students.
Are there payment plans available or scholarship opportunities?
At this time there are no alternative payment plans offered nor scholarship program options for TCT Academy classes.For the STAR Intensive NKU and STAR Camp Red Bank Programs, a payment in full date will be specified upon acceptance into the program. If a student has a financial issue regarding payment in full and would like to request a payment plan, they should contact Pam Young at least 60 days prior to the first day of the program. Our six STAR Intensive NKU scholarships are awarded based on financial need. For more information on scholarships, contact Eric Byrd. A non-refundable deposit is required to secure your spot in each program.
Are there performances at the end of STAR Intensive NKU, STAR Camp Red Bank, and/or other TCT Academy class sessions?
At the conclusion of each TCT Academy class session, there will be a performance to showcase the talents of the students. The performance is the last class of the session held at their regularly scheduled time.STAR Intensive Red Bank has a culminating performance at the end which will take place on the campus of Northern Kentucky University in The Corbett Theatre.STAR Camp Red Bank has a "showcase" on the last day of classes for immediate family members and/or guardians in our new building at 4015 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati, OH 45227.
Who do I call if I have other questions about TCT Academy / STAR Intensive NKU / STAR Camp Red Bank?
For more information about Learning the Craft call Jay Goodlett at 513.569.8080 x25 or email Jay Goodlett.For STAR Intensive NKU or STAR Camp Red Bank questions call Eric Byrd at 513.569.8080 x21 or email Eric Byrd.