- Minimum size of stage: 20 feet deep, 20 feet wide, 12 foot ceiling height (check with ArtReach office concerning spaces with smaller dimensions).
- Please have performance space swept clear of all equipment and debris.
- ArtReach travels with its own sound system, including wireless microphones.
- An electrical outlet near the performance space is required.
- If you would like us to patch into your sound system, please have a technician available.
- Warm wash on the stage or day lighting.
- ArtReach will arrive 2 hours prior to performance time. Please have performance space available for set-up upon our arrival.
- Please direct actors to the door most easily accessible to the performance space for unloading. It should be clear of all obstables, such as parked cars.
- If stagehands are available to help with loading in and/or loading out we will be glad to use them, although it is not necessary.
- One to two dressing areas is requied. Areas may include formal dressing rooms, restrooms set aside from the public, clinics, locker rooms or the like.
- Please allow enough time to seat the student so that the actors may begin the performance at the agreed upon time. Actors should be complete with setup and sound check approximately 30 minutes before performance start time.
- Send the youngest students to the performance site first. This way they will be seated in front of the larger students allowing a better view.
- Study Guides are available online prior to the performance. ArtReach encourages contact to make copies and distribute them to participating teachers and/or parents. ArtReach has found that using the Study Guide will greatly enhance the students' understanding of the performance.
- No flash photography during the performance.
- Use of recording devices and/or videotaping is not permissible, without clearing it with the ArtReach office. If permission is giving, only 10 minutes of a production may be taped.
- In any and all promotional materials please list is as ArtReach: A Division of The Children's Theatre of Cincinnati. Use of our logo is encouraged whenever possible.
- Actors will make a general statement at the top and at the close of the show thanking ArtReach's season and presenting sponsors.
ArtReach Touring Theatre was founded by Kathryn Miller and Barry Miller in 1976. At that time, the company was an innovation in the arts community a professional theatre for young audiences focues on touring to schools throughout the region. ArtReach was named Best New Children's Theatre in the United States by the Children's Theatre Association of America in 1983.
In December 1996, the Board of Directors of the Cincinnati-based ArtReach elected to merge operations with Theatre IV, a well-respected Virginia competitor in national touring that had been working on a parallel track for two decades. With business operations shared between the Cincinnati and Richmond offices, the organization regularly toured throughout 33 stages plus the Distric of Columbia, with productions for children pre-K through 12th grade.
ArtReach merged with The Children's Theatre of Cincinnati in 2005.
Thinking about booking an ArtReach show?
Especially within the tri-state, ArtReach offers a unique theatrical experience—brought right to you! To give you a better idea of what to expect on the day our actors arrive, please see below.
Public Venues (library, theatre, rec center)
- Our actors will arrive between 1½-2 hours before the performance start time. At the moment, ArtReach travels in a white cargo van which contains everything—and everyone—needed for the show.
- Our Road Manager will confirm with you that everything is ready, and then the other actors will begin the load-in process. If you have crew members to assist, we thank you! Load-in generally takes 20-45 minutes, depending on the nature of your venue. If there is a freight elevator, side door, or other specific route that would make loading in more convenient for you or the actors, please let the Road Manager know.
- Once the set and props have been unloaded, the actors will assemble the set, do a sound check, set their props, and change into costume. Everything on stage should be set and ready by the time the audience enters.
- Run time of ArtReach shows is about 45 minutes, plus 10-15 minutes for Q&A. If there are house lights, please raise them after the curtain call.
- Payment is due on the day of the performance and may be mailed to our office or given to the Road Manager.
- It is the actors’ responsibility to ensure our set, equipment, etc., is reloaded into the van securely, but again, if you have crew members to assist, we appreciate the help!
- Our actors will arrive 1 hour before the performance start time. At the moment, ArtReach travels in a white cargo van which contains everything—and everyone—needed for the show. Our Road Manager will usually go to the front office to confirm that everything is ready.
- All actors will begin the load-in process. This generally takes 20-45 minutes, depending on the layout of your school. If there is a specific route that would make loading in more convenient for you or the actors, please let the Road Manager know. Our actors are trained to adapt to each performance space, be it a cafeteria, gym, multi-purpose room, etc., and you may work with them to decide where the audience will sit. We ask that you seat the youngest grades first so they can sit closer to the front.
- Once the set and props have been unloaded, the actors will assemble the set, do a sound check, set their props, and change into costume. Please provide them an adult restroom or storage room where they can change. Everything on stage should be set and ready by the time the audience enters (about 10 minutes before start time).
- Run time of ArtReach shows is about 45 minutes, plus 10-15 minutes for Q&A. If the show needs to be shortened, please let the Road Manager know during load-in.Payment is due on the day of the performance and may be mailed to our office or given to the Road Manager.
- It is the actors’ responsibility to ensure our set, equipment, etc., is reloaded into the van securely.