Work at The Children's Theatre
ASSISTANT STAGE DIRECTORS
The Assistant Stage Director supports the needs of the Director and the production. During the rehearsal process, the ASD serves as a liaison between the Stage Director and the actors. After a production opens, the ASD takes notes, fills out a production report, and in conjunction with stage management, is responsible for maintaining the artistic integrity of the production.
The Assistant Stage Director will be an independent contractor for our MainStage productions consisting of:Disney’s The Little Mermaid JR.
Rehearses: Sept. 14 - Oct.15, 2015
Performs: Oct. 16 - 25, 2015
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Rehearses: Oct. 31 - 24, Oct. 29 - Dec. 3, 2015
Performs: Dec. 4 - 13, 2015
Snow White and the Dancing Dwarfs
Rehearses: Jan. 11 - Feb. 11, 2015
Performs: Feb. 12 - 21, 2015
Shrek the Musical JR.
Rehearses: Mar. 7 - Apr. 7, 2015
Performs: Apr. 8 - 17, 2015
The Assistant Stage Director’s duties include but are not limited to:
Production: - September - April
- Assists the Stage Director. Takes notes, provides feedback, writes down blocking, rehearses/ reviews scenes, and prepares / distributes actor notes.
- Acts as another set of eyes for the Stage Director.
- Checks sight-lines.
- Works scenes.
- Gives touch-up notes after a production has opened.
Minimum and Ideal Qualifications:
- Has the skills required to maintain vision and artistic integrity of the direction once the show has been set.
- Has the capacity to problem-solve and engage in creative thinking to overcome challenges.
- Possesses well-developed communication skills.
- Works well in a stressful environment with many personality types.
- Carries themselves with a mature understanding of the artistic process and excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and diplomacy skills.
- Is an experienced musical theatre choreographer.
- Has experience concepting grand-scale musicals and new works.
- Has a strong understanding of costume design, wig design, prosthetics, and stage make-up.
- Understands how to light a big cast on a large stage.
- Comprehends the sound design process, and had a good ear.
- Has a background in puppetry.
- A strong understanding of music and musical theatre styles.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 10, 2015
COSTUME INTERNSHIP/APPRENTICE PROGRAM
DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING INTERN
The Children's Theatre of Cincinnati, Cincinnati's premier theatre company for young audiences, seeks a Development and Marketing intern(s) to assist both the Development and Marketing Directors. The intern(s) will have the opportunity to work alongside senior staff to assist in preparing for the organization's annual fundraising gala, generating collateral for the annual fund campaign, draft press releases, update website content, maintain the organization's fundraising database, conduct donor/funder research, prepare grant proposals, and other administrative tasks. The ideal candidate(s) should possess an eagerness to learn, attention to detail, and solid organizational and communication skills.
This internship is unpaid but we would be happy to provide documentation to secure course credit. Ideal candidate would be able to commit 10-20 hours per week during normal business hours (9-5). Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter and short (one page) writing sample to email@example.com.
- Responsibilities include:
- Assist the development staff in preparing for the annual gala and launching the annual fund campaign
- Work with the marketing staff in the developing of content for social media, press releases and general marketing content
- Assist in updating content for the organization's website
- Work on a wide variety of projects, including helping to maintain the organization's donor database
- Assist the development staff to track and evaluate fundraising campaigns
- Research individual donor and grant prospects
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivation and time management
- Excellent online research skills
- Outgoing personality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Video editing a plus
- Willingness to perform a wide variety of administrative tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Sense of humor
- Focus on task completion and willing to suggest areas for operational improvement
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and PowerPoint (a plus)